Essay on Rainy Season: In this essay on rainy season, we are going to talk about the most beautiful season out of all the seasons. Also, some areas receive the highest annual rainfall at this time of year. Furthermore, both tropical and non-tropical regions receive rainfall according to their topographical position. So, in this essay on the rainy season, we will discuss the importance, months, and reasons for the rainy season.
Essay on rainy season is a very important essay topic for every student of classes 1, 2, 3, class 4, class 5, class 6, class 7, class 8, 9, classe10, 11, and 12. This essay is possible to use at schools, colleges, or university levels.
500+ Words Essay on Rainy Season
The rainy season is one of the four seasons when the region’s average rainfall is achieved. This is usually due to changes in the flow of winds and other geological factors. Generally, when the rainy season comes, it brings much-needed relief from the extreme heat of the preceding summer season. And the rivers and lakes which had dried up during the summer, refill those rivers and lakes. The plants which had withered earlier, when the rainy season comes, a different type of greenery is covered in those plants.
Months of Rainy Season in India
The people of the Indian subcontinent refer to the rainy season as ‘monsoon’. Also, the monsoon season lasts for about three to four months in India. The monsoon season in India runs from June to September. Apart from this, the duration of the rainy season is not fixed in different countries and geographical areas of different regions. Some places in different regions, such as tropical rain forests, receive rainfall throughout the year, while others receive very little rainfall, such as the Rann of the Sahara.
Significance of rainy season:
- For countries like India where a large population depends on agriculture, the rainy season plays a significant role. Also, the agriculture sector contributes about 20% to the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) in India. Also, it serves more than 500 million people in the country.
- Therefore, the monsoon is very important for the economic condition of countries like India. In addition, which monsoon crop largely depends on rain. In addition, a prosperous monsoon season will give good yields and strengthen India’s economy and a weak monsoon can lead to famines and droughts.
- It is important to maintain the level of groundwater and natural resources due to rainwater during the rainy season. Apart from this, all living and non-living things living on the earth directly or indirectly depend on the rainy season.
- The continuous rain during the monsoon allows us to collect water through various methods of rainwater harvesting and we can use this water for fulfilling various purposes.
Impact on Humans and Ecological Implications
- People have always associated the rainy season with the development of vegetation and agriculture. However, from an agricultural point of view, food crops do not reach their full maturity and can cause food shortages in some parts of the world.
- But in this changing season, the immunity system of all the people also starts weakening and the cases of malaria and other water-borne diseases also increase during the monsoon season. The sudden onset of monsoon can also put people at risk of other diseases like jaundice, typhoid, and cholera.
- Some animals, such as cows give birth in this season. Some species of butterflies, such as the monarch butterfly, migrate from Mexico. Some reptiles and some amphibians also start nesting during this period. The animals living underground also migrate to the higher plains to escape the floods.
- Excessive rainfall can cause flooding which can destroy essential minerals and nutrients in the soil. And this nutrient affects the growth and development of vegetation, plants, and crops in the fields. In addition, some poisonous reptiles can enter human homes due to floods. Human life is affected due to excessive rainfall.
- When the rainy season comes, the animals have to retreat to higher ground as the risk of flooding increases.
Why Rainy Season is the Most Amazing Season of the Year?
- The rainy season is the most important season of the year, which is considered to be the backbone of the agricultural system of our country. In addition, it helps to fill with fresh water to revive the pond, river etc.
- The rainy season is the season of happiness.
- With the arrival of the rainy season, the temperature of the season comes down
- The fun of eating delicious dishes in the rainy season is different and the women of the house cook delicious dishes at home during the rainy season.
- Children enjoy the most during the rainy season, they take a bath in the rain, float paper boats in the rain water and dive in the rain water.
- All the reservoirs are often filled with water by rain water, the rivers that dry up get plenty of water.
- During the rainy season, all the trees and plants become green and nature blossoms more due to the greenery.
- The rainy season has always influenced poets and writers a lot, and in this fun season, poets write poems on the beauty of nature.
- When the forest is covered with greenery due to rain, then the animals look very happy and enjoy the rainy season like humans.
Ways To Stay Safe During The Rainy Season
- Use rain gears
- Avoid stagnant water
- Keep away from floodwaters
- Don’t eat junk food
FAQ’s For Essay on Rainy Season
When is the rainy season beginning in India?
The rainy season begins in June and lasts until September. It is also called the monsoon season.
What causes rain?
The low-pressure zone that’s created by the earth’s surface temperature to rise up which eventually forces the moisture and clouds to move towards the land to precipitate causes rain.
Why rainy season is so important in India?
For countries like India rainy season is important because a large sector of agriculture depends on rainfall. Also, good rainfall helps them to have a good harvest and bad rainfall can cause famine, drought, etc.