Essay On Solar Energy is a very important essay topic for every student of classes 1, 2, 3, class 4, class 5, class 6, class 7, class 8, 9, classe10, 11, and 12. This essay is possible to use at schools, colleges, or university levels.
500 Words Essay on Solar Energy
Solar energy is in the form of photons in sunlight. Without the Sun the existence of life on Earth is not possible. All kinds of microorganisms and unicellular organisms came into existence with the help of solar energy coming in the sun. Plants have been using this energy since the time the sun is there.
Nowadays, Solar energy is a very popular form of energy. Sun is the source of solar energy, and this energy cannot be destroyed and this energy can be converted from one form to another. With its help, solar energy can be converted into electricity.
Solar energy is used by all living beings and humans are also not behind in using it. Firstly, the light of solar energy drives away the darkness, and due to which we all are able to do our work easily in the light.
Solar energy is used by trees and plants to make food through the process of photosynthesis. It is a natural process in which trees and plants prepare food by using solar energy along with carbon dioxide, water, etc.
Importance of Solar Energy
- Non-renewable sources like coal, wood, mineral oil, etc. are getting exhausted, hence solar energy is considered to be its best option. They also cause pollution and hinder the life of all living beings and pollution due to solar energy is also decreasing significantly.
- With the changing times and technology, the world has made the possibility of harnessing this abundant form of energy in various technologically beneficial ways. Solar energy is converted into electrical energy with the help of solar panels. For example solar cookers, solar heaters, solar panels.
- Solar cookers are eco-friendly and also a cheap means of cooking that are used in cooking. By using a solar cooker, we can reduce the use of fuel, such as gas, kerosene, or wood, while cooking, which reduces pollution to a great extent.
- Apart from this, we have solar heaters which help in heating water by using solar energy. Thus, electricity is not required to heat the water.
- Most important solar panels and nowadays more and more people are using solar panels. It converts solar energy into electricity with the help of solar energy and helps in meeting the need for electricity.
Benefits of solar energy
- Solar energy is a source of unlimited renewable energy that will never run out.
- We can use solar energy easily without spending much. We can run many devices with the help of solar energy through the rays of the sun.
- Due to solar energy, now in remote rural areas where it can be very expensive to install electric power, then in such rural areas, the power requirement can be met by using solar energy.
- The best thing about solar energy is that it does not cause any kind of pollution.
- Solar power has a significant indirect benefit that has a direct impact on the efficiency of the electricity grid in terms of the common problems of blackouts and voltage dips that can be caused by overloads.
Some drawbacks of using solar energy
- You can use solar power only during the day when there is enough sunlight available. This means that when the sun is not shining, there is no energy production.
- The cost of installing panels and solar cells for the production of solar energy is very high and this is the reason that more people are not able to use it due to its installation cost.
- The amount of energy produced by solar power is much less compared to others.
- To seize the energy coming through the sun you need large size of land to put solar power panels.
- Solar energy is dependent on the sun and cannot be deployed in a place where there is not much sunlight. This means that solar energy is limited to areas where there is a sufficient amount of solar energy.
- Solar energy can never be an independent source of energy in the world, it can be an alternative source of energy.
Conclusion of Solar Energy Essay:
Solar energy is the future of the next generation. It is a safe, green, and economical way of living, with the use of solar energy, we can bring some reduction in pollution.
It is a renewable source of energy that does not cause any pollution in the environment. Solar energy also places less burden on other forms of non-renewable resources. As much as possible, we all should use solar energy-based devices and save our planet earth.
FAQs For Solar Energy Essay
What is solar energy in simple words?
Solar energy is basically the transformation of heat, the energy which is derived directly from the sun. We have been using it for thousands of years in lots of different ways all over the world. The oldest uses of solar energy are for heating, cooking, drying, etc.
What are the advantages of solar energy?
There are many advantages of solar energy. Firstly, it is a renewable source of energy which makes it very healthy. Moreover, it also reduces our costly electricity bills of ours. After that, we can also use it for diverse applications. Further, it also has low maintenance costs.
Is solar energy renewable energy?
Yes, solar energy is renewable energy.
Does solar energy pollute nature?
No, solar energy does not pollute nature.